Audi DIY, Audi A3, Audi 100, Audi Convertible, AudiCoupe, Audi RS6, Audi S2, Audi A4, Audi S4, Audi A6, Audi S6, Audi A8, Audi TT, Audi Q7, Audi Allroad

A3. Plugs and Coils Replacement

I had been planning to replace the plugs after having the 25,000-mile service done. Since the consensus is that the NGK BKR7EIX Iridium plug is the best choice, I ordered a set of 4 from OAKOS Automotive, an eBay vendor. They were $40 for a set of 4 + $2 shipping via USPS.

Note: There are variations of that plug model number with e.g. '-11' or other suffixes. They are not interchangeable. For the A3, you need the BKR7EIX exactly (they are correctly pre-gapped to 0.030").









A coil failed right at my 25K service, so as soon as I got the car back from the dealer I replaced the plugs. Since the coils are removed to reach the plugs, these instructions also cover coil replacement.

No comments: