Audi DIY, Audi A3, Audi 100, Audi Convertible, AudiCoupe, Audi RS6, Audi S2, Audi A4, Audi S4, Audi A6, Audi S6, Audi A8, Audi TT, Audi Q7, Audi Allroad

Audi TT DIY DIY Removing the Rear Spoiler

I just had the rear spoiler removed from my 3 week old 180TTC. I felt it ruined the rear lines and don't plan on driving 120mph on the autobahn any time soon.

I took it to my local body shop who has done a lot of work for me on other cars. It came off with the 4 bolts and had a double backed tape type stuff on it instead of the epoxy I had read about on the forum. He then welded the 4 holes up, sanded it and painted it. You honestly can't tell where the holes were and it looks stock and the way the designers intended it to.

It took 3 days and $492 and I have the original spoiler unharmed save for one small scratch for a future owner to reinstall if they so desired (although I don't know why anyone would). It was worth it for me.

No comments: