Audi DIY, Audi A3, Audi 100, Audi Convertible, AudiCoupe, Audi RS6, Audi S2, Audi A4, Audi S4, Audi A6, Audi S6, Audi A8, Audi TT, Audi Q7, Audi Allroad

Audi Q7 DIY Hard Wiring Radar Detector in a Q7

I prefer to use the switched power post, as I have done in the past in the S6 and allroad, but I could not find one behind the dash on either side (2 fuse boxes in Q7). So I found an unused fuse receptacle that had power (a 5 amp that I think was for adaptive cruise)



I did not have a spade adapter, but this hole adapter fit nice and snug in the metal power sleeve of the fuse. I attatched the power wire from the V1 remote power source. I grounded to the chassis bolt at the bottom of the fuse box.







I used a velcro tab to attach the remote power unit to the surround of the box.



I like the V1 above the mirror, tucked out of the way and less visible for window shopping. I ran the telephone cord under the windshield header trim (not difficult) and I ran it down the A pillar on the outside, between the door rubber seal and the grey trim (again, easy).



No comments: